Dilip's 2006 Garden Journal

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I got the three new hybrid teas planted. I made a planting mixture of more than half top soil, as well as purchased compost and greensand, and I sprinkled lime, rock phosphate, and earthworm castings after setting the bush in the cone of planting mix. I also sprinkled endomycorrhizal inoculant around the roots to hopefully aid in root nutrient uptake and drought tolerance.

My forsythia by the driveway is such a delight in bloom, and its yellow flowers have lasted a long time. Suddenly today it seemed to have much fewer blooms and is rapidly leafing out. I see more red azalea blooms showing color!


Post a Comment

<< Home