Dilip's 2006 Garden Journal

Monday, March 13, 2006


The star of my garden continues to be my weeping cherry with its pale pink blossoms. Hundreds and, by evening, over a thousand blossoms, opened today - I even noticed a difference when I was gone for an hour or two in the afternoon! Most years I only get a few blooms, but this year is like 2003, when I also had many, many blossoms. If 2003 is a guide, this lovely show is fleeting, and within 2 or 3 days, leaves will start emerging and petals will start falling off.

I made two more batches of my fertilizer and used most of it up in fertilizing the rest of my bushes and apple trees and the two Acer Davidii (Stripebark or Snakebark) maples that I had planted March 18, 1995. I also foliar fertilized most of these trees and my shrubs with a kelp and microbial mixture.

I still have new white camellias blooming from my tall camellia japonica on the R side (L as you face it) of the house, as well as a few red camellia japonicas from the bush on the R side. You can see one of the red ones here. The azaleas are starting to swell with blooms, especially the white ones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home