Dilip's 2006 Garden Journal

Saturday, March 15, 2008

We had pretty good weather that allowed me to work in the garden in shorts. I took advantage of the imminent rain (which came around 5p) to fertilize the front lawn with a 36-pound bag of Milorganite. I also made up a mixture of compost, bat guano (compassionately harvested when bats in Texas were not in their caves), cottonseed meal, alfalfa meal, rock dust, earthworm castings, and rock phosphate, as well as some Eden Rich plant-based fertilizer from GardensAlive! . I used that self-mixed fertilizer blend to apply under azaleas and hollies in the front, both of which are starting to have bud swell, and a little to my blueberry and fig. I also distributed 3 6-pound bags of epsom salts around my roses to encourage new basal breaks; I could have used a little more, and will pick another bag up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home