Dilip's 2006 Garden Journal

Thursday, March 29, 2007

My white azaleas are starting to open! I began pruning my roses, getting through the top end of my main rose bed and working down to, but not including, 'Heritage'. Though 'Double Delight', at the end of the bed, looked good, after pruning out damaged canes, little is left - I hope that she comes back okay.

The cherry tree is pretty much leafed out with just a few blossoms left; it's such a lovely and transient sight to see the tree covered in blooms. Yesterday, I noticed three or four Eastern tent caterpillar nests in crotches high up in the tree; I removed the nests and hope that birds will enjoy the exposed caterpillars.

Oh, great news - my wife reported and I confirmed that 'Lady Banks' has some small buds! We'll have roses soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home